Sunday 3 March 2013

Just a little 'Hey'...

Hey guys, its been ages since I posted on my blog so thought its about time that I did!
Been mad busy at the moment, I have just started volunteering at a high school in Hackney but I've had to keep my job in the theatre to pay bills etc the joys of being an adult so doing 8-10 at the mo which is killing me but hey ho it will all be worth it and the experience is amazing! 
Working with years 7-10 and I'm loving it, also choreographing  the end of year musical which will be exciting! So all systems go!

Working in the school has got me thinking about what I could do for my inquiry. At the moment I'm torn between two ideas:

Does Drama still have a place in our National Curriculum?
Can you combine the techniques of Brecht and Stanislavski in a piece of Drama?

Let me know what you think....
Catch you all soon!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi jonny I like you first question best, from my point of view it will open a lot of windows for you to ask questions.The government have cut funds to the performing arts in schools however in my eyes performing arts helps pupils come out of their shell and build confidence so I defiantly should stay on the curriculum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonny - Good start - great to see the discussion on the go... we know you are one of the busy ones! Have a look at Sarah's blog -http://leyasgreenball.blogspot.co.uk she is working on this topic area - it is one that is a very important one for arts educators - also the Brecht and Stanislavski interesting - both of your questions seem to be drama related. Continue to brainstorm these - mapping your interests and inquires that would be useful to you in you practice. Both of these would be useful. Gemma http://gemmawrightpress.blogspot.co.uk is looking into IT - but is also now looking at how this relates more philosophically to teaching and her own practice. FYI Bobbie has also got a FB going this study period - you can get to this via my FB Paula McIver Nottingham - or better yet http://bjpingram.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/facebook-success.html

    ReplyDelete